One of every railway infrastructure manager’s (IM) main priorities is to ensure a high standard of safety across its railway infrastructure. IMs develop maintenance plans to perform timely and efficient maintenance of infrastructure, while striving to increase the capacity and efficiency of their rail transport networks. Efficient maintenance is also crucial to ensure rail security.
EIM in action
- EIM’s permanent “Maintenance Platform” discusses key strategic rail maintenance issues and conducts benchmarks of various processes and practices of IMs;
- The members of the Platform discuss all issues which have an impact on:
- IMs value chain and return on investments,
- the optimisation of rail maintenance planning and processes,
- maintenance aspects in multimodal, intermodal and international transport,
- safety culture of IMs,
- maintenance management through innovation and digital technologies.
- The Maintenance Platform discussed:
- joint challenges related to the pandemic and the general lockdown (e.g. critical and routine safety maintenance; contingency planning on renovation works and supply chain);
- the main principles and tendering processes regarding the award of suppliers partnership contracts in signalling and track maintenance green policy/sustainability and digital trends.
The Maintenance Platform will meet at least once in 2021.
The topics of the meeting are yet to be defined.